WE’VE JUST ADDED NEW SHOW-STOPPING JEWELLERY DESIGNS TO OUR SPRING COLLECTION
STERLING SILVER MIXED WITH MELLOW GOLD PLATE AND STRIKING FACETED SEMI PRECIOUS GEMSTONES
CREATE PIECES WITH DRAMATIC APPEAL
Each of our new stone set rings is individually hand crafted using fine quality sterling silver and
we seek out craftsmen with a wealth of experience to collaborate with when creating our collections
POM designer and director Christine travels far and wide to meet with jewellery
makers with a reputation for quality, in fact she's just hopped on a flight to India!
When POM began we specialised in sterling silver gemstone jewellery and although we have expanded
over the years to include silver plated jewellery, we still love semi-precious gemstones
and continue to design and source exquisite stone set pieces
Our latest collection features faceted gemstones such as Chalcedony, Amethyst, Ruby
and (my personal favourite) Labradorite. We've chosen simple settings for these designs to ensure that the gems
are the star of the show
We've introduced mellow gold tones to create an organic and tactile collection. Each piece is hand crafted in sterling silver and then carefully wrapped in a fine layer of real gold, creating a stunning colour palette
These designs needn't be saved for special occasions, they may be worthy of a red carpet or two but they're equally at home paired with jeans and a tee. Whether your style is ultra glam or understated, gold plated jewellery is the perfect finishing touch
TAKING CARE OF YOUR JEWELLERY
When treated with care, sterling silver jewellery will last a lifetime. Here at POM HQ we're all jewellery fanatics and we each have pieces that we've loved and worn for many years, so we're sharing our top tips for taking care of your silver jewellery
to ensure it lasts for many years to come.
1. Over time sterling silver jewellery will tarnish if left in the open. Pure silver is relatively soft and so it’s combined with other metals to strengthen it. Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and it's the other 7.5% that reacts with moisture in the air to cause tarnishing. So tip number one is to keep your silver protected when you're not wearing it by sealing it away in a jewellery box, or a grip top sandwich bag will do just fine!
2. If you forget to put your silver away and find that it has tarnished, high street jewellers and online retailers sell a number of cleaning products to restore your silver back to its former glory. We recommend using a silver cloth for light tarnishing, simply rub cloth over the silver to remove any tarnish and buff to a shine.
If your jewellery has filigree elements that a cloth won’t reach, silver dip will do the trick. Simply dip your jewellery into the cleaning solution for a shine in seconds.
(Please note that although the majority of sterling silver jewellery can be cleaned safely at home, it may not be suitable for all silver jewellery. For example, silver with a matt finish, plated jewellery and jewellery containing gemstones may need specialist cleaning. Please read the manufacturers guide carefully to avoid any damage)
3. Take care mixing perfume with silver. It may sound strange but if you notice tarnishing on items that don’t usually require a lot of cleaning, it may be a reaction to your perfume or body lotion. Chemicals and moisture within cosmetic products can cause and/or accelerate tarnishing
We hope this helps to keep your silver looking its best!